Tuesday, December 21, 2004

21 December 2004

¶ What a revelation! One of the items from the loot that I scavenged off of the prize table after my dismal performance in last month's California Infinity Championship was a certificate for Practical Shooting, Vols. 1-3, by Matt Burkett (Big Time kudos to you folks for the expediency in delivery: one week! I guess my beloved Postal Service should get some credit too.). Good stuff!I took a trip out to the range yesterday and after actually applying the lessons on the proper grip and the "pinch & roll" in the draw sequence I found, much to my astonishment, that my gun, that "shoots left," wasn't; I shoot left!! Hooking, as it were. I couldn't believe it. Further experimentation with "my" grip and the demonstrated version bore this out. However, I don't suffer under the illusion that this is a panacea for all my shortcomings: practice, practice, practice!!
Again I learn the lesson: Follow directions!

No comments: