Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Gun Stuff . . .
¶ . . . Here's my M14, er, M1A, with its DuraCoat finish, in the Am Stripe pattern. It came out pretty well, though I did it twice because I didn't like my original stencilling: that's what comprises most of the effort. If you don't own a compressor, you're better off going to Harbor Freight for a little cheap-0 air compressor for the air brush; forget the propellant cans. They're nine bucks a piece, so you don't have much margin for error, especially if it's your first attempt. You also need to immerse the can in lukewarm water while you're spraying as the can tends to freeze up and inhibit the flow. Note I mounted a Smith Enterprise, Inc. scope mount . . .
. . . I had to go get a cheap-o scope and set of rings, a la Wal-Mart, just to try out the mount. This was just until I can get a Trijicon TR-21. . .
One of my other "projects" was refurbishing my Limited gun, of which I have yet to compete with in its new dress. I also DuraCoated the grip panels while I was doing the rifle. Its a hard chrome finish and I must say I was extremely pleased with it. Also: I had an ambi-safety installed, new Bo-Mar rear sight, and had the front of the slide serrated . . . Now I just need more Double T . . . !!
These were all shot back in March up at the range near Piru. It's a fine place to get some trigger time . . .
Posted by VileBill at 7/10/2007 01:10:00 PM