Sunday, April 09, 2006

The "Current Read" . . .

¶ . . . Not American History or firepower prose, but it's caught my attention. I've always been intrigued by mysterious medieval topics, secret societies; things like the Knights Templar, the Holy Grail, the Spear of Destiny, alchemy, and such. The programs run by The History Channel on these subjects are always real entertaining. Being a Roman Catholic myself I naturally think the "carnal" suppositions about Jesus Christ are bunk, but this not being a "theo-blog", that's all I'll say about that. I guess one might say the book could be historical fiction, as there are many interesting factoids written into and mentioned in the story . . .
¶ . . . The recent appearance of a Gospel by "alleged" uber-traitor Judas Iscariot has also piqued my interest, but one kind of wonders about something "found" in the desert near the Nile after many centuries . . . National Geographic Channel to run a program on this subject tonight . . .

No comments: