Monday, February 13, 2006

Fickle, Capricious, Impulsive . . .

¶ . . . Call it what you will:
    I went shopping today for the Mossberg 590 I mentioned previously, but as I have also mentioned previously I am enamored of lever guns; that may be somewhat strange for an IPSC shooter. Anyway, I was handling the fine Uberti 1873 Rifle and I've got to have it!


I would have just bought it today, but the two in stock had the checkered sporter/pistol grip stock and, though beautiful, I prefer the straight "saddle" type. The gun stores I ended up in, owned by the same folks, were great, indeed: Fowler Gun Room in Orange and Stockade in Westminster. Therefore, the previously unnamed store, although 35 miles closer, has been 86'ed!! Verily!!
    They say they will order for me; I hope this goes well. . .

. . . I'm still gonna get that scattergun, though!!

No comments: