Thursday, September 01, 2005

Another Trip To Oklahoma . . .

¶ . . . and I'd be remiss in not posting from the road. I really enjoy my visits to Norman that my occupation affords me for technical training. The facility here really is first cabin, with its own hotel, too, and I always enjoy the professionalism here. What I'm not fond of, however, is having to fly here: it's never a non-stop and just hassling with the airport turns me off. This time I was scheduled on an afternoon flight. Not good! Thunderstorms are basically an afternoon phenomenon and, yep, I got it upon arrival at OKC. One hellacious lightning show, absolutely stunning from altitude, but I'd rather not do it again. As soon as I got out of the terminal at Will Rogers Airport, the lights went out! So, if you've gotta fly in the summertime, leave early!

¶ . . . One distressing thing I noticed as I got airborne on the connector out of Salt Lake City: as we crossed the Wasatch Mountains and I looked north, the what appeared to be smog present was hideous! I mean, It was like a blanket of it! That was looking out toward Wyoming-way in the distance. Could it really be smog? It looked like I was flying into Los Angeles. Being late afternoon, I do hope it was just the way the setting sun was playing off of what in reality may just have been hazy skies.

No comments: