Thursday, September 08, 2005

This Peeve Of Mine . . .

¶ . . . really bugs me! Having school age children, every year L.A. Unified sends home the form for the Free Lunch Program. What do I have to fill it out for? I don't want it anyway. If I did, I'm in the "too much income for this and too little for that" category. I can't afford to buy a house here in L.A., but I don't qualify for the freebie lunch. Some of the freeloaders I see are driving around in Expeditions and such! I guess they need the lunch so they can make the car note. When I tell my daughter, "I'll do it later," or, "Not that thing again!" she pleads with me as though the teachers are making her out to be a lawbreaker! But even if the kids could get the lunch, they wouldn't eat it; the lunch money I give them they either hoard it and wait 'til they get home to eat or they end up at McDonald's or something! Good thing Ma makes 'em eat their fruits and vegetables . . .!

¶ . . . To be fair and since the "Blame Game" is in vogue this month, I have no one to fault but myself for still being a renter. I should have bought property when I was in my twenties (I'm 45 now) instead of f***ing around . . . !

No comments: