Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Annual Pig Roast & Match, 2005 . . .

(Postscript: For photos and videos the way they should be done, check out Cowboy Blob and Jerry the Geek, respectively!)

¶ . . . This past Sunday the club held its Annual Pig Roast & Match and it was quite a fun time. I liked the stages, some Run 'n' Gun, some "Speed Steel," and what has become one of my favorites, The Jungle Run!


. . . An inauspicious showing, again, by yours truly (51st of 71 shooters, Ugh!), but a great time. I wanted to take a boatload of pictures, but I only took a few of the Jungle Run; got caught up in scoring and R.O.'ing . . .


. . . Again, I do OK in the Run 'n' Gun's, "C-class" caliber, I guess, if I may be so bold (I'm "C" in L-10, not classified in Limited as yet), but steel speed shoots, especially plates, seem to be my nemesis (Shoot More!). You can see the Stage Diagrams here (PDF Format). I don't know how long they'll be available, though . . .


. . . Slowly I went through the jungle, methodically even, and I still went past a target, a costly "Failure To Engage" procedural on top of another mike up the trail. This stage is set up in a draw with fairly steep sloping sides so it is possible for one to pass a target by (though nobody else in my squad did!). I did see one guy run out of ammo, however, by reloading too many times . . . !!


. . . Like I had seen on Geek's Jungle Runs, we had some steel for the first time!! Plates!! Up ahead, through the window!


. . . Here I experienced what was to me a new phenomenon. Four plates, directly in line behind each other, only one plate visible at a time . . .


. . . I had to do a "double-take" on the first two for though I could hear them ring from the hits, they didn't look to be falling! Lack of stereo vision, I guess, as the plate behind looked to be the plate I knocked down (I'm still a "one-eyed" shooter, opposite-eye dominant to boot). Don't know how much time it cost lifting my head until I figured it out . . .



. . . My regrets I didn't take photos of the other stages; Jerry the Geek has become a hard act to follow now with his hot match videos (Well done!). For some good stills of some 3-Gun Action, check out Cowboy Blob, they're well done, too, with stage descriptions . . .

No comments: