This is my Colt Combat Commander. When I bought it, I knew nothing of IPSC shooting. This gun was bone-stock. My good friend Man Mountain did the enhancements for me:
- Ed Brown Beavertail Grip Safety (Nice!)
- S & A Magazine Well
- Chip McCormick Low Mount Rear Sight
- Wilson Combat Trigger (about a pound & three quarters; Sweet!)
- An "I-Forget-What-Brand" Extended Thumb Safety (Sloppy-seconds off of a prize table, along with a Schuemann Hybri-Comp Barrel I sold for $125!!)
- Wilson Combat Extended Mag Release
- Wilson Combat Bulletproof Extractor
- SV Firing Pin & Sear
. . . We jettisoned the Series 80 firing pin block and pinned the grip safety, but if I ever use it for a carry gun I'll probably put back the block and reactivate the grip safety. Since I've been shooting Limited of late, I don't compete with it now, but maybe I'll shoot in the new "Single Stack" class at times. I do take it with me to the matches as a back up so I can at least finish the match if the Para gets fung-hoed. . .
- Tac-Pro Kydex Holster
- Safariland 4350 Outer Belt, 029 Inner Belt
- Safariland 771 Mag Pouches
- Chip McCormick 10-Round Power Mags
. . . Forgive the dearth in my bloggage!!