Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Range Report: Prado IPSC . . .

¶ . . . Shoot More! The one match a month I've been doing at my local club ain't gettin' it, so this week I went out to the Prado Olympic Shooting Park, expanding the horizon as it were. "All the way to Prado [65 miles] to shoot a match?" someone remarked. Simple: Shoot or don't shoot, the choice is obvious . . .
. . . Well, it was a choice well made. It's only a little more than an hour's drive, not much more than the twice monthly drives when SWPL shot out at Piru. I have known for a while about this match, but this was my first trip. I know a few guys that shoot out there, so as usual I was in good company. And a fine range it is, too. All the bays are side by side, plenty of shade for summertime shooting (and cover for when it rains, as it did a little on this occasion!), and water coolers, even! The match is a "6+1", six courses of fire and one classifier . . .
. . . This was the last classifier I needed to get my Limited classification; too bad I didn't do too well. You'd think that all the times I've done "El Prez" it would have been a gimme, but I had one mike. However, I do think I did better in planning out my courses, no changing my mind after watching someone else, so though I didn't shoot the match "clean," (meaning no mikes) I suffered no brain pharts, which madden me more than mikes . . .
. . . Shoot more often (and dry-fire and reload practice)!!

No comments: